We had such a wonderful spring break 2010! I have to say that this trip was one of our best. We decided to go to Nene and Papa's vacation home in Ruidoso, NM. Jason approached me a few days before we left and said that he wanted to take the girls skiing for the first time. Ruidoso is about four hours away and so it's not too far for the girls. Of course they asked about fifty times, " Are we there yet?" LOL!
Our day at Sierra Blanca mountain was an interesting one. We decided to do half a day of skiing because we knew that the girls would not make it a full day. Thank goodness we made that decision. The moment Marleigh put her skis on, she started crying ridonkulously! It was one of those moments as parents that you want to hide under the table. She wouldn't stop crying until we took her ski boots off and told her she didn't have to ski. Luckily, Jason convinced the lift ticket office to refund mine and Marls' lift tickets. She and I went to eat lunch while Jas and Ky started to ski. We did have a fabulous day after her breakdown. We played in the snow and watched Jas teach Ky how to ski.
I LOVE this pic of them! So sweet!!
Daddy helping Ky!
Marl's and I hung out and played in the snow.
**************************************************
We pulled away from the ski resort and a blizzard came out of nowhere. It hit so quick. The snow was just gorgeous! We picked up some pizza and waited for Nene and Papa to meet us at the house. They arrived at the house around 7:00. The girls were so excited to spend some time with them.
This is a picture of Nene's whirlpool tub Ky used because she was so soar from skiing.
This is the beautiful snow that we woke up to Saturday morning.
Papa cooking up a delicious breakfast!
This picture makes me laugh so hard. I don't know if any of you have heard of Flat Stanley, but it is such a cute story. My friend had her son send us Flat Stanley to live with us for a couple of weeks and we are supposed to take pictures of all of our adventures with him. Jas and Stanley helped my Dad mount the flat screen. My husband is the joker for sure!
We ended our trip with Ky being sick with tonsillitis. Plans are already in the works for her to have surgery in June to have her tonsils taken out. She is already scared and worrying about the surgery. Poor thing. Will you keep her in your prayers?
I hope all of you had a restful spring break and I pray that you have a blessed week.



8 comments:
I'm soooo jealous, Ruidoso looks beautiful. Love all the snow. Tonsilitus...yuck! Poor thing!
How fun!!! I am glad that you got to go somewhere!
Looks like ya'll had a good time! Justin took the kids skiing for the first time in Feb and Kyler went down the slope once and had a meltdown as well! She was cold and DONE! Paycos loved it though. I guess age makes a big difference!
What a great trip! Prayers for your sweet little girl! Looks like y'all had such a great time!
Awww, poor Marls! Wasn't ready to ski! Loved dad helping Ky! It does look like you had a good Spring Break. Your parents house looks delightful! We are a big fan of Flat Stanley! ha! Will pray about the surgery!!
What great pictures of Ky and Marls first skiing adventure! And I loved your mom's house...it's just gorgeous from what I saw! I am so glad you had fun in Rio! And I am glad that Ky is feeling better!:)
Ps. feel out of the loop...never heard of flat stanley, but I laughed at Jas' face too in that pic!!!
Looks like a great spring break; can't wait until mine are old enough to ski. Poor Kylie, will definitely be praying for her.
Looks like a fabulous trip! What fun! We fled the snow of CO and went to Tucson....lovin' the sunchine and warmth!
Post a Comment