.jpg)
Friday, June 18th 2010...Ky had her tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy done. I have talked to several mom's about this surgery and until my child had it done, I don't think I fully grasped how hard the recovery is. She had a very tough day on Friday. Her tummy did not take well to the anesthesia. Everyday she gets a tiny bit better. My main concern is her drinking/ eating.
After the surgery, our Dr. came out and said, "Kylie wins the prize for the worst tonsils I have EVER seen." He then went on to tell us that the tonsils were severely scarred and had an inner infection. He told us that this HAD to be done because of how bad her tonsils were. He said that because they were so bad she has a higher possibility of bleeding and so she is on a strict diet for two weeks. I have to be able to run my finger threw it before she can eat it.
That's where we are today. She is having a tough time eating/drinking anything. She is a picky eater anyways, and so this has been a very stressful time. I know it will get better. It is just going to be a daily process. I took some pics with my phone of her pre and post surgery below:
Silly Juice they gave her is taking effect! LOL!
.jpg)
After surgery: Poor baby!
.jpg)
Happy Day: Her bestie , Matthew came to visit...She had been asking to see him all morning. Thanks for bringing him, Cindy!
.jpg)
Sweet Caelei came too! She had her tonsils out a few years ago and totally understood what Ky's going through.
.jpg)
We have had lots of mommy/daughter time together. I painted her toes with polka dots on them. It was so great to see her smile on her face when she saw them!

I wanted to say a special thank you to my bestie, Lar. (She watched Marls for us! You are such a blessing from God!)I want to thank Nene and Papa for holding my hand and letting me freak out a little during the surgery. I also want to thank Blythe, Cindy, Debbie, Jodi and Korey. These are some wonderful friends who have brought gifts and meals since we have been home. What a blessing it is to have such wonderful friends and family supporting us!
I also wanted to ask if you guys would keep us in your prayers during Ky's recovery. I know it's going to be a tough road but one that will be worth it!



9 comments:
I am so glad that you had it done after what the dr. said. Hopefully be the end of the summer she will forget what happened at the beginning. Please keep us updated!
Bless her heart, hope all is well soon!
Sending hugs and prayers your way! I hope she gets feeling better soon!
We will keep praying for Ky over here! She sure has some sweet friends to stop by and visit! And I love those toes!!! To quote Marls "Ky, you are so Brave!" Love you guys!
Awww! Brave girl is right! So thankful you have such good support system! ((hugs)) and prayers! <><
Praying for a quick recovery! So glad you are blessed with great friends and family nearby! Hang in there!
I'm reading this a bit late...how's she doing now? Back to solids, I hope! (Love the toes, BTW!)
Kylie came through like a little trooper - This is grandma (NeNe) - I whispered in her ear before she went into surgery,"remember lots of angels are surrounding you right now because I prayed for them." When she woke up I asked her, "were the angels there?" and she said "yes!" Kylie is such a kind and sweet little girl and PaPa and I love her very much.
Get well soon.
Post a Comment