Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fancy Marleigh's Birthday Party!


Happy Birthday Marleigh! It was 5:30 p.m. on November 17th when Marleigh Kay Jones was born. I cannot believe it has already been 3 years since that awesome day. She was 9 pounds 7 ounces of sweet girl! We love her so much and we are excited to see her grow.

We had her party on Saturday at Ready-Set-Go. She loves Fancy Nancy books and so we had a Fancy Marleigh party. Twenty Nine of her friends came to celebrate. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends and family. I asked her what her favorite part was and she told me, " playing with my friends!" Thank you to everyone who came and to all of you that helped me wrangle up 29 kids! I will post a slide show with all of the party pics when I figure out how!

I received a phone call tonight from my brother-in-law. He is preparing to come to town on Friday to watch the Tech-ou game. ( Did'nt want to capitalize ou!) He says he is going to sport his ou gear. Jason and I are afraid for his safety. We told him he has to leave it at home! I told him that I know several stores that we can find Tech gear! If you are a Tech fan out there, will you please leave my brother-in-law (J.) a message?

I hope all of you have a wonderful week.


Fancy Marleigh Cake


Eating Cake!




Marleigh at 1 Day Old
(Seems like yesterday!)




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

J.,
Yes, you better fear for your life coming to Lubbock. You really might want to sport the Tech look this weekend. I am serious. You need to trust me on this one. My sister graduated from OU, so I like OU football. You will not know it on Saturday that I like OU. I will be wearing Red and Black and will have my Raider Power going on. Seriously. Yes, I know you need remain faithful to your school. Which brings me to another point, you are both an OU fan and OSU fan...that can't be possible. It is one or the other. Here is what you seriously need to think about. OU and OSU don't have a chance at winning the national title. Texas Tech does. You may not be a Tech fan, BUT, they do represent the Big 12. So, if OU and OSU don't have a chance at the national title...who do you want to win it...a school from the Big 12 or someone down south, called alabama. You can do it. Martha knows where all the best and most fashionable Texas Tech gear can be found. C'mon, get your "GUNS UP" and show some Red Raider spirit. You will thank me later. Trust me again on this one. This is very serious. Who do you support: OU or OSU. You have to make up your mind. BUT, for this weekend, it is going to be in your best interest to come through the Jones' dor with Red/Black on. You can do it. If not, Ky-Bug and Marls, well, you don't want to mess with them! You don't want to mess with their Momma either. I don't think your brother is going to back you up on this one buddy! You are all on your own...unless you are wearing Red and Black!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok J....I thought that I would have heard from you by now!!! Are you to chicken to write me back? I think deep down you are a Tech fan, but you don't know how to express it!! Don't worry about it...Martha and her fam can help you with that!! I also don't think you can make up your mind if you are a Sooner or a Cowboy! C'mon, just get your guns up and be a RED RAIDER!! RAIDER POWER!!! WRECK EM' TECH!!! GO TECH GO! RAIDER POWER!!

J. said...

Anonymous,
First of all, if you're going to call me chicken, have the courage to post as yourself instead of Anonymous. Secondly, you really need to get another hobby! Just joking, of course! Tech has a great a team this year. And I can understand the near pyschotic frenzy that Tech fans have worked themselves into. Being this close to a championship doesn't happen that often for you guys. I know that I'm deep in enemy territory this weekend, but your team is in my territory today. Has Tech ever won in Norman...?? Not sure, but I at least not in recent memory. I hope your prepared to be disappointed. But, should Tech be extremely lucky and win, I'll be behind Tech 100% since I do have ties here. Both teams have had a great season and it should be a close game. As far as needing to chose between OU or OSU...It's like being brothers. We fight between ourselves (heard of Bedlam?), but come together against everyone else. BUT, if we had to choose, we'd support OSU. I know...Tech has already slaughtered them. Oh well, there's always next year... PS. Nice song on the answering machine.

Anonymous said...

Thompson,
I shall remain anonymous, and you will see why in just a moment. Let me give you a little background on myself. I graduated from Baylor...we all know how their football team has been the last 15 years! My sister graduated from OU. I jumped on the OU bandwagon when she was a freshman. I have been an OU fan for 10 years now. I know Boomer Sooner better than anyone else and so does our 2 year old daughter!! Now, we live in Lubbock. I am a huge Tech fan, but I have been an OU fan longer...I am in a divided house! My husband graduated from Tech, my sister from OU. Both teams have a chance at the National Title. I will be happy with whomever wins tonight. My sister is in Norman this weekend...it has been a long time since Tech won on that field!! The Battle of Bedlam, next weekend, c'mon Sooner. Don't show Martha this post!!!! So, I will sign off this way: Go TECH, BOOMER SOONER!!!

J. said...

Anon,
You are awesome! Thanks for coming clean. I can understand the situation that you're in and your need for self-perservation. It's not easy trying to be loyal to two different teams when they play eachother. And since we're being honest, it wouldn't be all bad if Tech won today, except that I would never hear the end of from Mar (year after year after year..) I suppose that I'll need to support Tech from now on (except when they play OSU) since both Mar and Jason will be graduates (and maybe someday Kylie and Marleigh). I don't know...it's alot of fun to get Martha all worked up...

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!!! Getting ole' Martha worked up!!! That is why you can't tell her I really don't know who I want to win today!!!

J. said...

Your secret is safe with me.

Laurie said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Marleigh! You are so cute! You are getting to be a big girl now! Love ya, LaLa

Laurie said...

Love the new Cowboy pics! Go Cowboys!
love,Lar

Related Posts with Thumbnails